The content of this page comes from the European Youth Portal:
Learn about your rights and options in relation to work in your own country or abroad. Be prepared for the unexpected differences in application procedures between your home country and the host country. Access the information related to working issues, employment promotion, laws, recruitment processes, CV tips, work permits, practical guides, tests and advice that you need to be successful in the working world!
Last update: 17/05/2013 @ 17:37:13
- Activities of the European Union: employment
- This is the starting point for information about employment at a European level. You will find information on different aspects: laws and treaties, policies, statistics, fact sheets, publications, etc.
- http://europa.eu/pol/socio/index_en.htm [BG][CS][DA][NL][EN][ET][FI][FR][DE][EL][HU][GA][IT][LV][LT][MT][PL][PT][RO][SK][SL][ES][SV]
- Embassy World
- Absolutely all of the world’s embassies and consulates in a searchable database!
- http://www.embassyworld.com [EN]
- Employment & the European Social Fund
- This fund provides the means to achieve the objectives of the European Employment Strategy: to protect and promote employment, and to combat unemployment, discrimination and social exclusion. Have a look at what it has been achieved in your country!
- http://ec.europa.eu/esf/ [BG][CS][DA][NL][EN][ET][FI][FR][DE][EL][HU][GA][IT][LV][LT][MT][PL][PT][RO][SK][SL][ES][SV]
- Employment opportunities in international organisations
- If you are interested in working in a European or international organisation, have a look at this overview of possibilities.
- http://www.coe.int/T/E/Human_Resources/jobs [EN][FR]
- Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion
- Overview of the European Commission’s work on employment policy. Read here the European employment strategy, analysis, information on issues related to labour laws, health and safety at work, free movement of workers, work organisations, social security, reports and pilot projects.
- http://ec.europa.eu/social/home.jsp?langId=en [BG][CS][DA][NL][EN][ET][FI][FR][DE][EL][HU][GA][IT][LV][LT][MT][PL][PT][RO][SK][SL][ES][SV]
- Entrepreneur Envoy
- This portal is addressed to young entrepreneurs to start and grow their own business.
- http://www.entrepreneurenvoy.org/ [EN]
- Five documents to make your skills and qualifications clearly and easily understood in Europe: two documents freely accessible (Curriculum Vitae, Language Passport) and three documents issued by education and training authorities (Europass Mobility, Certificate Supplement, Diploma Supplement). Find out more by contacting your national Europass centres.
- http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ [BG][HR][CS][DA][NL][EN][ET][FI][FR][DE][EL][HU][IS][IT][LV][LT][MT][NO][PL][PT][RO][SK][SL][ES][SV][TR]
- European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research
- This site offers national level information on social welfare systems, key resources and professional bodies active in the area.
- http://www.euro.centre.org/ [EN]
- European Commission civil service website
- All about the European Commission: Civil Service – who they are, where they work, how it is funded. Also information on job opportunities.
- http://ec.europa.eu/civil_service/index_en.htm [BG][CS][DA][NL][EN][ET][FI][FR][DE][EL][HU][IT][LV][LT][MT][PL][PT][RO][SK][SL][ES][SV]
- European Employment Observatory Secretariat
- If you are looking for information and comparative research on employment policies and labour market trends then this is the place. You can find out about the European employment strategy and national labour market policies.
- http://www.eu-employment-observatory.net [EN][FR][DE]
- European Employment Services
- Visit the EURES site of the European Commission to access information on finding jobs abroad, and living and working conditions in other European countries. You can also find contact details of EURES advisers in your country who can help you.
- http://ec.europa.eu/eures/index.jsp [BG][CS][DA][NL][EN][ET][FI][FR][DE][EL][HU][IS][GA][IT][LV][LT][MT][NO][PL][PT][RO][SK][SL][ES][SV]
- European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions
- This organisation aims to create better living and working conditions. It carries out this role in partnership with governments, employers, trade unions and the European Commission.
- http://www.eurofound.europa.eu/ [EN]
- Expertise in Labour Mobility
- Are you up for a challenge? Would you like to meet new people, experience other cultures, become a global citizen? Then, consider working abroad for a while! Practical tips, guides, tools and tests to check your successful expatriate skills. You will also find several useful links.
- http://www.labourmobility.com [EN]
- Free movement of people and individual rights
- This webpage of the European Commission will provide the information you need if you want your diploma to be recognised in another country (qualifications), to get social security coverage in another EU country, and more. You can find links to useful contacts and resources, and to a free signpost.
- http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/index_en.htm [BG][CS][DA][NL][EN][ET][FI][FR][DE][EL][HU][IT][LV][LT][MT][PL][PT][RO][SK][SL][ES][SV]
- Igenius - Amazing people doing amazing things!
- Igenius is a worldwide community of social entrepreneurs. It links businesses, charities and not-for-profit organisations whose primary focus is social welfare. Through this site they aim to inform, promote their work and inspire a new generation to become social entrepreneurs.
- http://i-genius.org [EN]
- International Labour Organization
- ILO is an international organisation promoting social justice and internationally recognized human and labour rights. The website covers information on Rural development, safety and health, social security, youth employment and more.
- http://www.ilo.org/global/lang--en/index.htm [EN][FR][ES]
- Mutual Recognition of Qualifications from the Europa website
- You can find a list of law texts on professional qualification recognition and the list of contact points for professional recognition in the Member States. Check out the guide for users of the general system for the recognition of professional qualifications.
- http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/qualifications/index_en.htm [EN][FR][DE]
- Recruitment website of the European Commission
- On this site you will find information on career opportunities in the European Commission. Your visit will take you through the application process, answer your most common questions, and tell you where to get more information.
- http://europa.eu/epso [BG][CS][DA][NL][EN][ET][FI][FR][DE][EL][HU][GA][IT][LV][LT][MT][PL][PT][RO][SK][SL][ES][SV]
- Supporting entrepreneurs and the self-employed
- Five podcasts illustrating profiles of young people (from Belgium, France, Greece, Latvia, Poland and Slovakia) who have opted for an entrepreneurial career.
- http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=952&langId=en&furtherVideos=yes [EN]
- Immigration guides, work permit services, advice for people living and working abroad, CV tips and other related issues available from this page. Opportunity to register free of charge with its employment centre!
- http://www.workpermit.com [EN][FR][IT][RU]
- Website of the World Bank dedicated to youth and employment.
- http://youthink.worldbank.org/issues/employment [EN][FR][ES]
- Your Europe
- It gives you practical information on your rights and opportunities in the EU and its Internal Market and advice on how to exercise these rights in practice. For example, you can learn more about living, working and studying in another EU country.
- http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope [BG][CS][DA][NL][EN][ET][FI][FR][DE][EL][HU][IT][LV][LT][MT][PL][PT][RO][SK][SL][ES][SV]
- Your first EURES Job
- This initiative helps young people find a job in another EU country matching jobseekers’ skills with the employers’ offers and offering support and funding.
- http://ec.europa.eu/eures/main.jsp?lang=en&acro=news&catId=20&parentId=0&fu [BG][CS][DA][NL][EN][ET][FI][FR][DE][EL][HU][IS][GA][IT][LV][LT][MT][NO][PL][PT][RO][SK][SL][ES][SV]
- Youth Employment Inventory
- A database to providing comparative information on youth employment interventions worldwide.
- http://www.youth-employment-inventory.org/ [EN]
- Youth on the Move
- European Commission’s website dedicated to Youth on The Move: the website contains useful links and advice on working or studying abroad, knowing more from people who did such an experience and being informed on events.
- http://ec.europa.eu/youthonthemove/ [EN]